[darcs-users] [issue1176] caches interfere with --remote-repo flag

Adolfo Builes builes.adolfo at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 8 20:36:13 UTC 2010

Hi Petr

I think extending the sort to prefer unauthenticated sources over
> authenticated (among the remotes) would be reasonable fix for that.

That's a good Idea, but now It feels like we are messing too much with the
cache.

The idea is that "everything" in the cache is tried before trying the repos
given with the command, that's now modified, since it checks if any of the
given repos is local and is added to the cache (not the remote ones). Now to
do what you proposed I should add all the given repos to the cache, and them
separate them in groups ( locals, remotes without authentication, remotes
with authentication ), so now we have all the possible repos from which we
could pull in the cache, and it seems to be breaking the idea behind it :(.

--
Adolfo