[darcs-users] [issue1176] caches interfere with --remote-repo flag

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Jun 9 09:49:04 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 15:36:13 -0500, Adolfo Builes wrote:
> The idea is that "everything" in the cache is tried before trying the repos
> given with the command, that's now modified, since it checks if any of the
> given repos is local and is added to the cache (not the remote ones). Now to
> do what you proposed I should add all the given repos to the cache,

Right now, I can think of four sources:

 * the default repo
 * the --remote-repo (which really has the same status as the default repo)
 * the explicitly passed in repositories
 * the files in the sources list

If I understand correctly, we discovered that we should put the
explicitly passed in our temporary list of sources (that we sort)
because we want to account for the case where the explicitly passed in
repos are easier to reach (local) than the pre-existing sources.

Why not extend this idea to the default repository and the remote
repository as well?

> and them separate them in groups ( locals, remotes without
> authentication, remotes with authentication )

How would you define remotes with and without authentication?