[darcs-users] Error message

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Fri Jun 11 10:46:08 UTC 2010

On 8 Jun 2010, at 11:41, Eric Kow wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 05:27:48 +0300, Dan Pascu wrote:
>> Keep in mind that I do not know if the error occurred when there was
>> something to pull or it was a dummy pull that did nothing because
>> there were no remote changes. So we do not know if the error was
>> correlated with a certain patch, or just the fact that the script
>> running pull had no terminal.
>
> Could we try to narrow this down by only running dummy pulls,
> for example, setting it up so that it's always pulling from an
> unchanged repo?

We could, but that is a production environment I will not mess with
for such tests.

>>> Dan: do you already have the infrastructure in place to
>>> automatically
>>> log the Darcs errors?
>>
>> You can say so, but it's something cron does by default. If there is
>> some output from the commands it is emailed to the administrator.
>
> OK, so I think what I vaguely had in mind was maybe some sort of
> procmail recipe that dumped all of the darcs messages into a single
> box that can be scrutinised...

If you're asking if you can use this environment for testing, them I'm
afraid not. It's a production environment running private company
projects, so it cannot be used for testing nor can I provide access to
it.

However I get the email from cron, so I can report if I see anything
unusual, but I cannot automatically redirect all that email to a
public address everyone can read.

--
Dan