[darcs-users] [patch231] Make promptCharFancy easier to extend. (and 3 more)

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Fri Jun 11 18:19:01 UTC 2010

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

This is as before plus one new patch which I implements Florent's suggested
improvements.  I think I'd like at least the first 4 to be applied now that
they've gone through review.

Thanks!

5 patches for repository http://darcs.net:

Tue May  4 16:31:54 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Make promptCharFancy easier to extend.

Tue May  4 17:32:16 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Rename Darcs.Utils.promptCharFancy to promptChar.

Wed May  5 10:53:42 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Resolve issue1713: shorter interactive prompts.

  For example, instead of asking
    Shall I record this change? (1/8)  [ynWesfvplxdaqjk], or ? for help:
  we ask
    Shall I record this change? (1/8)  [ynW...], or ? for more options:

  The goal is to make the most important options visible while making it
  evident that there are more advanced features to be used.

  NB: one principle we try to respect is that the default choice should
  appear in the window of basic choices.

Wed May  5 10:56:40 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Camel case Darcs.SelectChanges.

Fri Jun 11 19:08:07 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * More robust distinction between basic and advanced chars in prompt.
  As suggested by Florent Becker during review.

Darcs bug tracker <bugs at darcs.net>
<http://bugs.darcs.net/patch231>