[darcs-users] [patch277] Resolve issue 1176: caches interfere with --remote-rep...

Adolfo Builes builes.adolfo at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 13 19:36:22 UTC 2010

Hi Kowey

> I also think it'd be useful if you could explain to me why we add the
> explicitly requested repos and the remote repo to the these caches,
> but not the defaultrepo.  I have a reason that makes sense to me, but
> I'd like to see what you think just to double check.

 The defaultrepo appear as the "explicitly requested" when none is given as
argument, so it will be added to the caches too, however ,It would be
already there because the defaultrepo also is saved in sources. So

> why we add the explicitly requested repos and the remote repo to the these
> caches

Is basically a trick which would allows to avoid going to remote repos if we
have local ones in the list, or what was happening in 1176 that It would
first try the ones in the sources before the remote, and because the
previous default which was remote was there, you were asked for it even when
it wasn't what you were expecting.