[darcs-users] [patch283] Accept issue1227: darcs repository forma... (and 2 more)

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Fri Jun 18 18:55:13 UTC 2010

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

As requested by Reinier.  Notes:

 * I guess issue1227 probably should not have been marked as ProbablyEasy
   since I had to muck around in Darcs.Repository.  It wasn't so hard for
   me since I've been here a while, but if you don't know the code :-/
   (I was expecting something easier, hence the 'probably')

 * The second patch fixes the immediate problem.

 * I'm a bit doubtful about my third patch. It seems better than matching
   on our error strings, but not sure if this sort of organic growth in the
   types is the way to go.  Is there a more principled approach?

Could I get a reviewer?

3 patches for repository http://darcs.net:

Fri Jun 18 19:54:14 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Accept issue1227: darcs repository format errors not reported in add.

Fri Jun 18 19:54:23 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Resolve issue1227: percolate repository format errors correctly.
  The problem is that we do not distinguish between bad repos and
  non-repositories so we keep seeking upwards.

Fri Jun 18 19:54:28 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Generalise mechanism for distinguishing between bad and non repos.

files: accept-issue1227_-darcs-repository-format-errors-not-reported-in-add_-.dpatch, unnamed
messages: 11479
nosy: kowey
status: needs-review
title: Accept issue1227: darcs repository forma... (and 2 more)

Darcs bug tracker <bugs at darcs.net>
<http://bugs.darcs.net/patch283>