[darcs-users] MacPorts, darcs 2.4.1 and hashed-storage

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Jun 18 20:48:03 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 13:38:17 -0700, Scott Michel wrote:
> Here's the patch file, but keep in mind (a) you either need your own
> local MacPorts hierarchy or need to be root/sudo when you apply it,
> (b) if you apply it to the /opt/local or {prefix} devel/hs-hashed-
> storage directory, it'll get overwritten the next time you update or
> selfupdate.

Thanks for the work, Scooter!

I'm sure lots of folks appreciate actually being able to build Darcs on
MacPorts, but I was wondering if you'd instead submitting an update to
get the port building on Darcs 2.4.4 (which requires a version of
hashed-storage that in turn requires mmap 0.4)?

From a maintenance standpoint, I think I'd be a bit more comfortable
with as much a stock Darcs as possible :-)  Also darcs 2.4.4 fixes
some bugs in 2.4.1, see http://wiki.darcs.net/Releases/2.4

Note also that the upcoming Darcs 2.5 will require mmap-0.5
See also a related bug http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1753

Cheers,

Eric

PS. If I may do a bit of advertising, there's also an official OS X
    binary on http://wiki.darcs.net/Binaries now

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9