[darcs-users] [patch283] Accept issue1227: darcs repository forma... (and 2 more)

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Mon Jun 21 18:23:24 UTC 2010

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

Hi Reinier,

Some modified patches if you wouldn't mind reviewing them.

Also: one thing I should make clear (in case my patch is misleading) is that
the patch is intended as future-proofing for further formats, not so much to
deal with corrupt format files.  Hope the code isn't framing things the wrong
way with 'BadRepository'

> Fri Jun 18 20:01:06 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
>   * Accept issue1277: darcs repository format errors not reported in add.

log file redirect fix (how did I miss this, I thought I ran it?!)

> Fri Jun 18 19:54:23 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
>   * Resolve issue1277: percolate repository format errors correctly.
>   The problem is that we do not distinguish between bad repos and
>   non-repositories so we keep seeking upwards.

(I think this is the same, although not technically the same patch
 due to manual rebase, so be careful to unpull the old patch!)

> Mon Jun 21 19:18:53 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
>   * Generalise mechanism for distinguishing between bad and non repos.
>   We remove the potentially misleading currentDirectoryIsRepository
>   along the way.

Minor issues fixed.

Also, good catch on the amInRepository.  Fixing this made me realise that I
also needed to have a better story for amNotInRepository, which then made me
realise that currentDirectoryIsRepository is inherently problematic, so I
nuked it.

> Mon Jun 21 19:20:16 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
>   * Extend issue1277 test for more prerequisites.

New.

Darcs bug tracker <bugs at darcs.net>
<http://bugs.darcs.net/patch283>