[darcs-users] inter-DVCS benchmarking scripts

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Jun 25 11:37:42 UTC 2010

Hi everybody,

Remember this interesting series of articles Robert Fendt wrote about
benchmarking multiple revision control system?

* http://ldn.linuxfoundation.org/article/dvcs-round-one-system-rule-them-all-part-1
* https://ldn.linuxfoundation.org/article/dvcs-roundup-one-system-rule-them-all-part-2
* http://ldn.linuxfoundation.org/article/dvcs-round-one-system-rule-them-all-part-3

Robert (bcc'ed) has kindly agreed to dig up his scripts and pass them on
to the Darcs community.  The scripts are now attached.

Robert has some caveats to warn us about, though:

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 06:56:17 +0200, Robert Fendt wrote:
> Here's what I have found. It is not much I
> am afraid, and I have doubts whether it will help you. As I said, the
> benchmarks are quite synthetic and were designed more to get a feel for the
> relative speed of the different systems rather than any 'absolute'
> information.
>
> Apart from that it is a quick and undocumented Python hack, since it was
> never meant to outlive its original purpose. But nevertheless, here it is.
> Hope it helps. :-)

Hope we can do something useful with these.  Any volunteers to give them
a try?

Many thanks to Robert!

Eric

PS. Robert: I seem to recall a few spammy comments being posted on some
    of these articles, may be worth checking out.