[darcs-users] Google Summer of Code 2010

Adolfo Builes builes.adolfo at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 7 02:03:59 UTC 2010

Hi Folks!

GSoC is almost here (and I'm eager for hacking), I first wrote to Eric
Kow asking about
some ideas for 2010 GSoC (since http://wiki.darcs.net/GoogleSummerOfCode was
down),and he told me about a couple of projects that could benefit
darcs, and also
pointed me to the work that Benedikt Schmidt is doing to improve
"darcs annotate command".

I started to dig in the mailing list and found several threads, which
lead me tohttp://bugs.darcs.net/issue1477.

After reading the threads, discussions in bug #1477 and the
suggestions inhttp://wiki.darcs.net/GoogleSummerOfCode , I found
myself most interested in working
in what Benedikt is doing, having improvements done in "darcs
annotate". plus it will help lots in the process of defeating the bug
#1477, and it seems to be a really fun project.

So, what do you guys think about it ? At this stage I don't have
really clear in what I
should specifically work to improve "darcs annotate", but I'm sure We
can have an
interesting discussion here, which could help me to define, in what I should
specifically work if we want to see "darcs annotate" going faster.

Regards,

Adolfo Builes.