[darcs-users] Google Summer of Code 2010

Reinier Lamers tux_rocker at reinier.de
Sun Mar 7 16:25:22 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Op zondag 07 maart 2010 03:03 schreef Adolfo Builes:
> So, what do you guys think about it ? At this stage I don't have
> really clear in what I
> should specifically work to improve "darcs annotate", but I'm sure We
> can have an
> interesting discussion here, which could help me to define, in what I should
> specifically work if we want to see "darcs annotate" going faster.

AFAIK, what we need for a faster annotate is what we call a "filecache". By
that we mean a data structure that will let us look up quickly which patches
affect a given file. Benedikt Schmidt has been working on this for a long
time. I don't know if this has resulted in some demo-able code yet.

Maybe you should ask him (beschmi at gmail) about the current state of this
work and if it would be possible to make a GSoC project out of it.

By the way, this my personal number one issue with darcs. At work, I
frequently curse CVS, but at least I can annotate quickly. The filecache was
planned for 2.5, but I think at this point that is already becoming a very
optimistic estimate again.

Bye,
Reinier