[darcs-users] a bug with "darcs changes --reverse --index" ?

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Mar 10 11:14:29 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 16:38:01 -0500, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> I was not aware that I needed to use the output of number. This looks
> like a doc-bug then.
>
> In "darcs changes help", it current says this about --index:
>
>   select a range of patches
>
> I believe it should say:
>
>   select a range of patches base on --number values

Two bugs I thought I should point out:

- http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1484
  somewhat related request which I rejected but which could be revisited

- http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1290
  darcs diff --index is broken

I don't think very many people use the new --number, --index, --range
features.  They were also introduced fairly recently.  So, while in
other parts of Darcs we would be very conservative about UI changes, I
think we should feel a little bit more free to change things around
(if needed! maybe the current behaviour is desirable).

We should just be extra extra careful to anticipate the interactions
here so that we don't wobble too much.  Careful thinking followed by one
deft action.  Get it right the first time... well, the second time...

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9