[darcs-users] [patch178] Resolve issue 1397: distinguish between "no arguments"...

Alexey Levan bugs at darcs.net
Tue Mar 16 22:56:06 UTC 2010

Alexey Levan <exlevan at gmail.com> added the comment:

Tue Mar 16 02:38:17 EET 2010  Alexey Levan <exlevan at gmail.com>
  * Add Maybe variant of fixSubPaths

Wed Mar 17 00:02:11 EET 2010  Alexey Levan <exlevan at gmail.com>
  * Separate argument handling from repository work in Move.lhs

This is first part of commands' clean-up series I described above.

maybeFixSubPaths maps invalid absolute paths to Nothing, and resolving valid
paths to Just Subpath, thus preserving original list's structure. So after
call to maybeFixSubPaths, we can see what exactly arguments were invalid,
handle errors better and provide users with clearer error messages.

The code in Move.lhs was first changed to use maybeFixSubPaths. Now moveCmd
checks all errors it can without connecting to repository. Actual
functionality has become splitted between moveFile and moveFilesToDir.

<http://bugs.darcs.net/patch178>