[darcs-users] GHC 6.8?

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Wed Mar 17 18:56:39 UTC 2010

On 03/17/10 09:01, Yitzchak Gale wrote:
> Yes, supporting a range of platform versions is not easy.
>
> But darcs is version control - people's data is at stake.

Unfortunately, (to take this statement in an opposite direction), each
version of GHC we support has its own *bugs*.  Luckily, none of the
*known* bugs damages people's *data*, at least if you compile darcs with
the correct set of flags.  It seems surprisingly risky to support more
GHC versions than we have to...

to quote from the 2.4 README,