[darcs-users] GHC 6.8?

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Thu Mar 18 11:32:35 UTC 2010

Eric Kow wrote:
>  (i) Synch to a more regularly updated Linux distribution as our
>     heartbeat.  I suggest Ubuntu (popularity?).  So now the current
>     release is Karmic, with GHC 6.10.

I'm not sure using Ubuntu would help much. That is perhaps more
popular on the desktop, but the bottleneck for needing to support
older platforms is on servers. There you don't tend to see
Ubuntu so much. Aside from Debian stable, there are a lot of
distros from the Red Hat family - CentOS, Fedora, etc.

Overall, Debian stable seems to be serving as a good yardstick
for user needs.

Regards,
Yitz