[darcs-users] [patch185] add a witnessed zipper type (and 13 more)

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Sat Mar 20 17:45:23 UTC 2010

Florent,

Thanks!  This is a really cool patch set.  I've wanted a witnessed zipper
for a long time!

One question (I don't have time right now to review the whole thing):

+clowns :: FZipper a C(x y) -> Sealed ((RL a) C(x))
+clowns (FZipper l _) = Sealed l
+
+jokers :: FZipper a C(x y) -> FlippedSeal (FL a) C(y)
+jokers (FZipper _ r) = FlippedSeal r

Why clowns and jokers?  It looks like it gives you either the left or right
side of the zipper, but your terminology is not one I'm familiar with.  Is
there a story behind the names?

Thanks,
Jason
PS I'm doing the "this is so cool dance"