[darcs-users] darcs record using darcs lib: First Experiences

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Mar 23 01:21:57 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 01:40:00 +0100, Benedikt Huber wrote:
> davidm and me started working on a Mac GUI for darcs record, directly
> interfacing darcs as a library. The graphical interface did not make
> too much progress yet, but at least we got some experiences with the
> interface for an external darcs record (encapsulated during work as
> a 'Darcs.Lib' layer).

Thanks for the feedback!  (I'll be happily integrating this into the
"Ecosystem" part of the sprint report)

I'll just comment on an easy point and leave the meat to the rest of
the team :-)

> * Hierarchical Modules
> It seems unacceptable to have top-level modules like Printer and
> Sha1 in the darcs lib. Why not e.g. Text.PrettyPrint.Darcs or
> Darcs.Utils.Printer ?

Patches welcome, I think.  When we first renamed the modules, I balked
at the modules which seemed to be not quite Darcs-specific.

In the long run, I'd like to see some of this stuff go.  Even better
than a renaming patch would be spin-out or use-3rd-party-modules patches

http://wiki.darcs.net/DarcsLibraries

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9