[darcs-users] [patch167] Reintroduce UTF-8 tagging (and 3 more)

Reinier Lamers tux_rocker at reinier.de
Wed Mar 24 17:42:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

Op dinsdag 23 maart 2010 03:54 schreef je:
> So I don't think this leaves much in favour of ignore-this, does it?
> (Please bring up anything I might have omitted.)

Just plain correctness. If someone once recorded in latin1 a patch with
name "fix encoding handling so we never see garbage like 'é'", he will see
"fix encoding handling so we never see garbage like 'é'" if he views the patch
with newer darcs.

Of course, we can accept this as a consequence of our own bug that we did not
record the metadata encoding with the patch.

Reinier