[darcs-users] darcs patch: log view: display the patch name just once, tighten up...

Alberto Bertogli albertito at blitiri.com.ar
Sun Mar 28 21:19:14 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 02:04:46PM -0700, Simon Michael wrote:
> On Mar 28, 2010, at 1:57 PM, Alberto Bertogli wrote:
>> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 11:22:10AM -0700, Simon Michael wrote:
>>>  * log view: display the patch name just once, tighten up whitespace
>>
>> I'm not sure about this one. I think that the title should also be
>> included
>> because otherwise it is too far apart from the comment itself, and
>> it's a part
>> of it.
>>
>> I agree with removing of the extra <br/>, though.
>>
>> Care to split the path, and maybe poll darcs-users@ about the first
>> part?
>
> I know what you mean, but I decided that it's more readable without the
> duplication and that's more important. I think the layout could/should be
> adjusted to bring the short and long comments adjacent again (perhaps
> diverging from gitweb ui.)
>
> Comments from other users welcome.
>
> old: http://vmiklos.hu/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=darcsweb;a=log
>
> new: http://joyful.com/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=darcs-unstable;a=log
> shows my change

I misread your diff. I thought you meant to do that in the commit view (e.g.
http://joyful.com/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=darcs-unstable;a=commit;h=20100221125933-6fd16-1978c76ffaa8fafaa236d6482c3b39c3b9890950.gz),
not in the log view.

I agree it looks better in you version, so unless there's a public outcry
against it, I'll apply the patch.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
		Alberto