[darcs-users] [patch106] resolve issue1208: trackdown --bisect (complete branch...

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Mon Mar 29 20:33:05 UTC 2010

That's a lot clearer, thanks!

There's a spurious whitespace hunk in line 20 which it would be better
to leave out (they're ugly and can contribute to unnecessary conflicts
later).

The patch count display (2^dnow/2^dtotal) looks a bit dubious to me.
Won't it always display a power of two, which generally won't correspond
to the actual number of patches? I'd be inclined to just leave it out as
the dnow/dtotal indicator is fine.

It also looks like it'll fail with an internal error if given zero
patches to test, which doesn't happen with linear trackdown. I think it
should make sure that there really is a failure at one end and a pass at
the other end of the patch series, and complain if not. Zero patches to
test is then just a degenerate case of that.

I'm actually a bit confused about whether linear trackdown really tests
the last patch, so perhaps there's scope to clean that up at the same
time.

I'd be happy to do the GADT part of things if you're stuck with that.
I'm conscious there's still very little documentation of how to work
with them.