[darcs-users] should you upgrade to darcs-2 format? hashed may be good enough

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Mar 30 14:50:13 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 09:44:21 -0500, Kari Hoijarvi wrote:
> All these are create with 1.0.9 and used with darcs 2.3.1 I have used
> darcs-2 format with my new repos, but I have not upgraded these to
> paranoid fear of exposing bugs. My work depends on these.
>
> I'm using these both locally and over the network. Locally the
> performance is fine, over the network acceptable.

Ah! a chance to wheel out the brand new FAQ entry about upgrading:

  http://wiki.darcs.net/FAQ#should-i-convert-my-repository-to-the-darcs-2-format

In case you're already 100% up to speed on the hashed/darcs-2
distinction (it's taken us a while to communicate this effectively),
then I hope this helps some other darcs users :-)

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9