[darcs-users] [patch222] Add support for matching against log messages

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Sun May 2 12:29:54 UTC 2010

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

On Sun, May 02, 2010 at 12:04:42 +0000, Matthias Kilian wrote:
> > 4. Look into the matcher name.  Log seems fine, but just in case
> >    it may be useful to have another thought about it.  Trent suggested
> >    'description' in his issue1769.
>
> Changed.

Argh, I just thought of something!

The problem with 'description' is that darcs send uses 'description'
to refer to the patch bundle description; whereas what we're looking
for is what record calls the 'long comment'

What do you think we should do?  Call the matcher comment?

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9

title: Documentation for `hunk' and `description' matchers -> Add support for matching against log messages