[darcs-users] [patch241] work around cabal flag composition bug

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Sat May 8 07:46:17 UTC 2010

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 05:13:12 +0000, Jason Dagit wrote:
> This patch is pretty minor both in terms of what it changes and how
> important it is.  I think it could be "fast tracked", but it's also no
> big deal if it doesn't get accepted.

Speaking of fast-tracking, I keep forgetting what we decided, so I
went to
  http://wiki.darcs.net/Development/Policy
which sent me to
  http://wiki.darcs.net/Development/PatchReview
which told me that we can just push our build system patches at will
if we don't think they really need review.

> What it it does:  Gets rid of that pesky warning for unused do
> bindings on 6.12.  The line in the cabal file should have done it, but
> cabal has a bug (at least my cabal 1.8.0.2), that means ghc was still
> warning obessively.

OK, applied (pending tests...)

work around cabal flag composition bug
>    -- We need optimizations, regardless of what Hackage says
> -  ghc-options:      -Wall -O2 -funbox-strict-fields -fwarn-tabs
> +  -- Note: "if true" works around a cabal bug with order of flag composition
> +  if true
> +    ghc-options:      -Wall -O2 -funbox-strict-fields -fwarn-tabs

etc...

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9

nosy: +kowey