[darcs-users] darcs get failing with missing Makefile that used to be in repo

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sat May 8 08:37:35 UTC 2010

> I think your options are to (a) wait for darcs rebase (ETA 2011-01?) or
> (b) to do a manual rebase using darcs send -O and editing the patch
> bundle by hand.

I tried (b) but I get a similar looking error about Makefile:

$ darcs send -O ../new8
Creating patch to "/Users/benc/tmp/lsdupes-rebase/new8"...
Sun Apr  9 00:43:28 CEST 2006  benc at hawaga.org.uk
  * outline of dupe detection algorithm as comments
Shall I send this patch? (1/117)  [ynWsfvplxdaqjk], or ? for help: a

darcs failed:  Error renaming: destination AnchoredPath [Name "Makefile"]
exists.

The best I've managed so far is to pull into a new repo from the old one,
and choose to not pull one of the two patches you mentioned. Dropping
either then drops a futher ~10 patches that depend, but that is probably
small enough for me to deal with by hand.