[darcs-users] Proposal: staging before release

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue May 11 11:11:53 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 09:07:28 +0200, Salvatore Insalaco wrote:
> Make the "final" (no RC, the final tar.gz) release of darcs available
> to packagers one week before releasing to the general public.

I personally like this idea.

I think these are just growing pains: learning how to work as a larger
team.  In the 2.4.0 and 2.4.1 releases, we learned to better coordinate
between the Release and Issue Managers.  Now we need to learn two new
tricks: better coordination between release manager and packagers, and
better automated quality control.

Each time we burn our fingers, we get a little bit smarter and a little
bit better...

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9