[darcs-users] darcs <----> bzr

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Mon May 17 21:31:21 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 11:18:52PM +0200, Gour <gour at gour-nitai.com> wrote:
> At the moment, I've some problem with darcs-fast-export/import and I'm
> interested if someone is doing something similar and whether you
> recommend bzr's fast-export/import plugin or Tailor as the tool to
> perform incremental import/export?

See Lele's post about Tailor. It's a nice piece of software, but given
that fast-import is sponsored by companies (bzr part by Canonical, git
part by Google), it think it's just more optimized, and thus faster.

Regarding fast-import vs two-way sync: there is a testcase in
bzr-fastimport's testsuite (look in exporters/darcs/t) which tests darcs
<-> git two-way sync, so I guess darcs <-> bzr two-way sync should work
as well.

As usual patches are welcome if you think you can improve something or
just report bugs to launchpad, as before.