[darcs-users] darcs weekly news #62

Guillaume Hoffmann guillaumh at gmail.com
Tue May 18 06:50:04 UTC 2010

News and discussions
--------------------
1. Unexpectedly, we got a second student funded by the Google Summer of Code
   this year. Adolfo Builes will work on improving the global cache:

   * http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2010-May/024019.html
   * http://abuiles.blogspot.com/2010/05/improving-darcs-performance-my-gsoc.html

2. Darcs 2.4.4 is going to be released in one week if no bug is discovered
   in its current source (most importantly under Windows):

   * http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2010-May/024030.html
   * http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2010-May/024032.html
   * http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2010-May/024037.html

3. We are looking for a new release manager:

   * http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2010-May/024038.html

Issues resolved in the last week (1)
------------------------------------
issue1841 Jeremy Cowgar
 * Apply binary mode to ssh process and patch file handles.
 * http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1841

Patches applied in the last week (22)
-------------------------------------
2010-05-13 Guillaume Hoffmann
 - accept issue1845 darcs wants file paths from root of working copy

2010-05-12 Jeremy Cowgar
 - Resolve issue1841: Apply binary mode to ssh process and patch file handles.

2010-05-11 Petr Rockai
 - Use System.FilePath.Posix instead of System.FilePath.

2010-05-11 Eric Kow
 - Rename head_permutationsFL to simpleHeadPermutationsFL.

2010-05-11 Petr Rockai
 - Avoid --debug in issue381.sh which currently breaks on GHC 6.12/win32.
 - Fix spurious backslashes in URIs on win32.

2010-05-10 Eric Kow
 - Camel case Darcs.Test.Patch.*.
 - Camel case Darcs.Compat.
 - Camel case Darcs.Witnesses.Show.
 - Camel case is_file function in Darcs.URL.
 - Camel case miscellaneous remaining functions.
 - Camel case Darcs.Population and Darcs.PopulationData.
 - Camel case Darcs.Test.Email.
 - Camel case URL and HTTP modules.
 - Camel case Darcs.Patch.*.
 - Camel case most of Darcs.Repository.*.
 - Camel case Darcs.Patch.Bundle.
 - Camel case Darcs.Repository itself.
 - Camel case Darcs.Repository.HashedRepo and DarcsRepo.
 - Camel case Darcs.Repository.LowLevel.

2010-05-11 Trent W. Buck
 - Fix "./Setup test trackdown-bisect" from sdist tarball.
 - Tell "runghc Setup sdist" about Darcs.Witnesses.WZipper.