[darcs-users] [patch245] resolve issue1839: k broken in interacti... (and 1 more)

Florent Becker bugs at darcs.net
Wed May 26 17:12:34 UTC 2010

Florent Becker <florent.becker at laposte.net> added the comment:

Le 26/05/2010 18:58, Reinier Lamers a écrit :

> Reinier Lamers <tux_rocker at reinier.de> added the comment:
>
> Hi Florent, others,
>
> I can't review the issue 1839 fix very well because I don't know in
> what way 'k' was broken. I can't easily reproduce it when I try to
> record something, and the ticket is not very informative.

What happened is that 'k' would show you the same patch again. The
problem is that it did rewind one patch, but then it went to look for
the next undecided patch, and skipped again the patch to which you just
rewinded. This make 'k' inoperant. To test this, you need to have at
least 2 hunks, and answer 'y', then 'k'.

> As for the issue 1843 fix, it looks OK if it works with the 'e' key.
> I'm going to check that now if my battery lets me.

It should work with 'e', but my tests were not thorough.

> Some more comments I had while reading the code:
>
> In the first patch, "resolve issue1839: k broken in interactive
> selection", I see:
>> addfile ./tto
>
> What's that?

That should not be there, i'll amend it out.

>> -textSelect' whch = do
>> -  z <- gets tps
>> -  when (not $ rightmost z) $
>> +textSelect' whch =
>> +    do
>> +      z <- gets tps
>> +      when (not $ rightmost z) $
>
> Is this darcs coding style approved? I certainly use and favor the
> style that is removed here...

That is the result of editing back and forth, I can restore that in the
amend.

> And a general nagging comment about the SelectChanges code: why didn't
> you add many comments during the recent overhaul? Darcs.Patch.Choices
> is a good example of how it should be :)

Yes, that was on my todo-list before those bugs.

Bye,

Florent

nosy: +florent.becker