[darcs-users] How to downgrade darcs 2.4 -> 2.2?

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri May 28 21:14:02 UTC 2010

Martin,

Sorry to hear about your issue1650 troubles (it could be worth seeing if
life is any better with the 2.4.4 binary just to be sure)

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 16:02:08 +0100, Martin Szummer wrote:
>  Thus, I am going to downgrade darcs back to 2.2.  Can I use repositories
> created with 2.4 with the 2.2 executable?  It seems to work, but I am not
> sure if there will be any issues.
> The reason I am wondering is that in v2.3, it was said that   "Hardlinks on
> NTFS" were introduced.  Thus, I wonder if the 2.2 program can deal with any
> file system tricks put in place by 2.3 or 2.4?

It sounds like this should work fine.  (We'd certainly expect it to, or
else we probably would hesitate to release with the new feature).

If I understand correctly, the change in 2.3 was to add the ability to
save space by making hard links; which should be transparently readable
by older Darcs.

Thanks,

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9