[darcs-users] How to downgrade darcs 2.4 -> 2.2?

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Sat May 29 03:11:46 UTC 2010

On 29 May 2010, at 00:31, Eric Kow wrote:

> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 00:26:17 +0300, Dan Pascu wrote:
>> I don't know about this bug, but there are other serious issues in
>> 2.4.
>
> :-(
>
> Could we have some details about this?

Sorry, I expressed that badly. I didn't mean issues (plural). I only
meant the issue mentioned below.

>> For example bug 1817 is a show stopper for me, because it is a
>> pain to merge any conflict now. I always have to make a clone of a
>> repo before doing any pull, because if there is a conflict, the repo
>> will be completely messed after the pull.
>
> Argh!  Could I confirm that this is with an external merge tool (and
> not
> just the standard darcs pull?)

Yes it's with an external merge, but that's already stated in the bug
report. The internal merge is fine. This is also not the fault of the
external merge tool. Darcs simply provides an empty file for one of
the versions to the external merge tool, making it look like a major
change was performed in that version which leads to countless
conflicts that create a mess. The result of this is that I end up with
a large chunk (read almost all of the file) missing (i.e all parts of
the file that the pulled patch and the other conflicting patch didn't
touch).

--
Dan