[darcs-users] [patch455] Generalize withSignalsBlocked and withGutsOf

Gabriel Kerneis bugs at darcs.net
Mon Nov 8 18:58:15 UTC 2010

New submission from Gabriel Kerneis <kerneis at pps.jussieu.fr>:

Hi,

this patch  allows to return values across blocked signals (using
IO(Maybe) for instance).

This patch has been originally written while solving issue332.  A better
solution has been found since, but Ganesh mentioned on IRC that it might
be a good idea to integrate it nonetheless.

I believe that this patch is correct after reading a dozen of times the
specification of block/unblock, but I might still be wrong.  I have also
been told that the semantics of block/unblock would change in future
GHCs but I have not investigated this issue (more details welcomed).

Best,
Gabriel

1 patch for repository http://darcs.net:

Thu Nov  4 12:45:45 CET 2010  Gabriel Kerneis <kerneis at pps.jussieu.fr>
  * Generalize withSignalsBlocked and withGutsOf

files: generalize-withsignalsblocked-and-withgutsof.dpatch, unnamed
messages: 12950
nosy: kerneis
status: needs-screening
title: Generalize withSignalsBlocked and withGutsOf

<http://bugs.darcs.net/patch455>