[darcs-users] darcs 2.5 + ghc 7.0 status report

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Sun Nov 21 22:28:25 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010, Miklos Vajna wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 03, 2010 at 03:24:19PM +0100, Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li> wrote:
>>> Here's what I've found/done so far:
>>>
>>> - Distribution.ShellHarness uses the Permissions type from System.Directory,
>>> which has now become abstract. I've asked Ian (who made the change) about
>>> this, but I guess it'll require CPP as there's no window in which both APIs
>>> are available.
>>
>> After talking to Ian I think CPP is the right fix and I'll submit a patch,
>> though it would be nice if changes like this first used deprecation for a
>> single release to increase the window for making the change.
>
> What's the status of this? Is there any chance to get this in some 2.5.x
> bugfix release?

I do have this working now locally, just hadn't got round to submitting
the patches. There's a decision we need to take about whether to use
NoMonoLocalBinds or add quite a few (30ish) rather ugly looking type
signatures.

My vague plan is for this to be in 2.5.1, and to get that out before the
next Haskell Platform release, though I haven't started a discussion to
make sure there are no objections to that plan.

>  Given that it has been removed from the main repo
> already (as far as I see), so this is not an issue there.

I don't quite follow this sentence - could you elaborate on what you
mean?

Cheers,

Ganesh