[darcs-users] Why people abandon Darcs

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Nov 23 12:57:42 UTC 2010

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:18:00 +0000
>>>>>> "Iago" == Iago Abal <iago.abal at gmail.com> wrote:

Iago> Be sure nobody will use Darcs seriously until Darcs solve its
Iago> performance issues.

I'm sure that for many projects performance is not the issue.

Finally, GHC is much bigger project than average one, and they still
tolerate 'darcs performance'.

Iago> You could create a hundred of free Darcs hosting sites, even
Iago> much more featured than Github, you could either offer 1€ per
Iago> record... but nobody will use a CVS that is unusable for large
Iago> repos (and even for some medium size ones).

The point is while someone can wait a bit longer and gets his/her work
done despite of darcs' performance, there is no single hosting site
offering something coming close to Github/Bitbucket/Launchpad...

So, I agree that we disagree about the reasons people leaving Darcs..I
just spoke about the personal one. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA