[darcs-users] wiki outage, update process

Guillaume Hoffmann guillaumh at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 10:02:46 UTC 2010

> Or, we could restrict wiki updating to 1. push and 2. through-the-web edits.
> But it's probably nice to keep send as an option, since through-the-web is
> tedious for heavy editing, and general push access may be a problem. (Or not
> ?)

I think contrary to source code, wiki editing may support better a
push-and-then-rollback approach, so we don't need "send" at all for
the wiki, and the default mail address of wiki.darcs.net should be
removed.

> Notifications are also an issue. The darcswikibot is not currently
> announcing edits on #darcs. Wiki edits should show up *somewhere*, for the
> same reason code updates do (review, awareness, motivation). I guess I'd
> vote to cc them to the -devel list for now.

Why not. For me, the new patches appear when I do a pull between
wiki.darcs.net and my local repo, and also there is
http://wiki.darcs.net/_activity .

Guillaume

ps: It's true that currently on the chan we have darcswikibot and
darcscommitbot, that have been broken since a long time. I also wish
they worked.