[darcs-users] The state of darcs 2.5

Reinier Lamers tux_rocker at reinier.de
Sun Oct 3 14:55:21 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Here's a small update on where we are now in the release process of darcs 2.5.

There are three open issues marked as Target-2.5:

http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1831: this is a bug in getting a repo, that has not
been reproducible with any other repo than the the submitter's repo.
http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1942: this is a performance issue on old-fashioned
repos. Mornfall knows most about this but doesn't want to fix it.
http://bugs.darc.snet/isuse1951: can add files outside repository. I have
submitted a patch that I hope fixes this (patch 404).

As there has been no progress on issues 1831 and 1942 for weeks, I want to
release 2.5 without fixing these. That would mean that we release darcs 2.5
with a serious performance regression in pulling old-fashioned repos. We would
have to warn our users about that in the release notes.

So if the issue 1951 fix passes review, I will release a Release Candidate 1
immediately after.

Regards,
Reinier