[darcs-users] shouldn't rollback be in the "Copying changes between the working copy and the repository" section of darcs --help ?

Thomas Hartman thomashartman1 at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 4 01:22:13 UTC 2010

It seems to me conceptually that rollback is more like record/unrecord than
it is like pull/push.

Currently rollback is in the

"Copying patches between repositories with working copy update:"

section of --help, along with pull,push,send,apply and friends.

But unlike these other commands, rollback only affects a single repository,
the one you run the command in.

Shouldn't it instead be in the

"Copying changes between the working copy and the repository"

section? You can think of rollback as writing a rollback patch in the
working copy, and then committing, all in one step, right?

I would also create a new new section, for obliterate, perhaps called
"unsafe" or perhaps "compound commands" and make it

obliterate     Delete selected patches from the repository. (UNSAFE!)
                     same as unrecord followed by revert.

If one or both of these suggestion meets with approval, I will file todos in
the appropriate place.

Thomas.