[darcs-users] [patch401] More visible old-fashioned to hashed notice.

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Wed Oct 6 10:19:37 UTC 2010

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

2 patches for repository http://darcs.net:

Taking Petr's observations into account, not over-insisting on the limitations.

  _______   Sorry for the wait! The repository you are fetching is
 |       |  using the DEPRECATED 'old-fashioned' format. I'm getting a
 | O   O |  hashed copy instead, but this may take a while.
 |  ___  |
 | /   \ |  The hashed format requires a Darcs 2 client, but is otherwise
 |_______|  compatible with existing old-fashioned branches.

            We recommend that the maintainer upgrade the remote copy to
            hashed as soon as possible. When we have retired old-fashioned
            repositories for good, Darcs may not provide support for them
            beyond in-place upgrading.

            Upgrading is easy with Darcs 2.4 and higher:
            example.com $ cd path/to/repo
            example.com $ darcs optimize --upgrade

Wed Sep 22 11:00:10 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * More visible old-fashioned to hashed notice.
  This also talks about old-fashioned as being deprecated.

Wed Oct  6 11:14:47 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Remove date from old-fashioned get banner and clarify future support.

Darcs bug tracker <bugs at darcs.net>
<http://bugs.darcs.net/patch401>