[darcs-users] Proposal: optionally display hunk context on record etc

Ben Franksen benjamin.franksen at bessy.de
Fri Oct 8 19:25:29 UTC 2010

Occasionally, it would be extremely helpful to have a bit more context when
recording changes to a file (hunks). What I would like to have then, is a
key that list the hunk with a few lines of context before and after the
hunk. For concreteness, let me make this proposal more concrete:

For each command that interactively asks teh user about individual changes
(for instance 'record'), if the change is a hunk, then additionally offer
the digit keys, with the following meaning:

[0..9]: display hunk with <n> lines of context before and after the hunk

I don't know if this or something similar has been proposed before. If not I
can create a ticket.

Cheers
Ben