[darcs-users] [patch413] witnesses all done\!

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Fri Oct 8 21:41:53 UTC 2010

New submission from Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>:

Finally, all of darcs including the test harness builds with
witnesses enabled (I did sort of cheat with one module, but it
was the cleanest solution overall).

The various test modules have been a mess for ages and are now
even more of a mess. On the other hand, now that they all
build with witnesses, moving code between them to clean up the
mess should generally be easier.

Also, this puts us in a position to make witnesses always on.
First we need to benchmark the darcs executable to make sure
they don't slow it down. Then we need to remove the CPP and
replace it with some type names that provide a similar indication
that witnesses are in use. Note that until we are in a position
to build the darcs and test executables against the darcs library
directly, we won't get any further benefits in build time from
removing the CPP.

7 patches for repository http://darcs.net/screened:

Wed Oct  6 07:01:56 BST 2010  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * get rid of some joinPatches calls

Fri Oct  8 17:58:51 BST 2010  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * break Darcs.Test.Patch.Unit up to facilitate witnessing

Fri Oct  8 18:20:52 BST 2010  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * abstract out functions with restricted types

Fri Oct  8 18:23:29 BST 2010  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * add witnesses to Darcs.Test.Patch.Unit2

Fri Oct  8 22:30:14 BST 2010  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * add witnesses to Darcs.Test.Patch.Unit

Fri Oct  8 22:30:20 BST 2010  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * add witnesses to Darcs.Test.Unit

Fri Oct  8 22:30:21 BST 2010  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * build test harness with witnesses and drop separate build

files: get-rid-of-some-joinpatches-calls.dpatch, unnamed
messages: 12665
nosy: ganesh
status: needs-screening
title: witnesses all done\!