[darcs-users] is thisrepo: useful ?

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Sat Oct 9 21:23:57 UTC 2010

Hi,

Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com> writes:
> since Adolfo's patches for reporting wrong repository addresses in
> _darcs/prefs/sources , it happens that as soon as I move a repository
> to another place, darcs says that the line thisrepo: is a bad source
> (which is correct).
>
> Maybe that means it should not be there in the first place. Is there a
> good reason for thisrepo: lines to be added in _darcs/prefs/sources ?

I know it's not very useful feedback, but I can't think of a good reason
for that to be there. It might have been just to simplify some code
paths so that everything is represented uniformly in the Cache ADT, but
actually adding the thisrepo thing should be done at runtime anyway. It
could all be just an omission and the intention never was to actually
write that line out.

A first step to find out I think would be to add that line dynamically
and never write it out and see if anything breaks (testsuite, first of
all).

Yours,
   Petr.