[darcs-users] [patch407] hook env vars: add some haddocks (and 3 more)

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Wed Oct 13 19:57:01 UTC 2010

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010, Simon Michael wrote:

> On Oct 9, 2010, at 8:18 AM, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
>> I don't understand the point of this - you've moved some code that's
>> only used under #ifndef WIN32 outside the scope of that guard. Won't
>> that just make warnings on WIN32?

> Thanks for the review Ganesh. Hm, you may be right, I'll check. I moved it
> because the code read as if setEnvCautiously was used only within its #ifdef
> block, which tripped me up when refactoring. And secondly because it seems
> like a utility that's not windows-specific and advisable to use elsewhere. I
> could add an annotation to silence this warning ?

It's actually (not-windows)-specific, i.e. it is used on every platform
but Windows. I guess darcs doesn't set env vars at all on Windows for some
reason? Would be nice to understand why.

I think it's best to put it back where it was, but I don't mind silencing
the warning if you prefer - have to do it for the whole file using {-#
OPTIONS_GHC -f<something> #-}.

> Otherwise redo the two patches I guess.

Since we're now using a 'screened' repository and I already pushed the
patches there, we need a followon rather than an amendment.

Cheers,

Ganesh