[darcs-users] [patch407] hook env vars: add some haddocks (and 3 more)

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Sat Oct 16 15:09:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010, Simon Michael wrote:

> On 10/13/10 12:57 PM, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
>> Since we're now using a 'screened' repository and I already pushed the
>> patches there, we need a followon rather than an amendment.
>
> Now I'm confused, and have questions. Until now sending a patch to the
> tracker & list did not imply any commit. Is this no longer true, or just an
> aberration in this particular case ?

OK, we didn't communicate/discuss this case well enough, and I'm
responsible for pushing them to screened because they looked sane at first
glance. We should review whether or not we do this in future without
explicit request from the submitter (I guess we shouldn't).

> Am I, the would-be simple patch contributor, required to interact with
> the screened repo ?

No.

> If I preferred to redo the patches for a clean history, is that still
> possible ?

Unfortunately not, and my apologies as that's my fault.

Ganesh