[darcs-users] core team heads-up! please use the 'screened' branch

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sat Oct 16 16:44:11 UTC 2010

Hi Joachim,

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 19:17:27 +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> should be possible. I am a bit uneasy about race conditions (e.g. a
> patch is pushed to screened and also to darcs.net/ between two
> darcswatch runs). Can status updates to roundup be conditional, i.e. a
> mail saying „if the patch has status needs-screening, set it to
> needs-review, otherwise do nothing“?

I've updated the patch tracker with a new auditor that rejects patch status
changes if

1. the old status is NOT needs-screening (eg. followup-requested] AND
2. the new status is needs-review AND
3. the author is darcswatch

(correcting my earlier self, detectors in Roundup are divided between
'reactors' and 'auditors', see
http://roundup.sourceforge.net/docs/design.html )

So, if you have the time to do so, I think it should be safe now to
implement the requested feature  that automagically sets the patch
status to 'needs-review' if it lands in http://darcs.net/screened

Thanks!

Eric

PS. The auditor I used (see bottom of http://gist.github.com/629983 )
relies on the update having a message (because I only know how to grab
authors from messages and not from the update event itself), but I think
it's OK because the nosy reactor only sends messages to mailing lists
when they're not darcswatch.