[darcs-users] core team heads-up! please use the 'screened' branch

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sat Oct 16 17:50:48 UTC 2010

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 16.10.2010, 18:44 +0200 schrieb Eric Kow:
> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 19:17:27 +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > should be possible. I am a bit uneasy about race conditions (e.g. a
> > patch is pushed to screened and also to darcs.net/ between two
> > darcswatch runs). Can status updates to roundup be conditional, i.e. a
> > mail saying „if the patch has status needs-screening, set it to
> > needs-review, otherwise do nothing“?
>
> I've updated the patch tracker with a new auditor that rejects patch status
> changes if
>
> 1. the old status is NOT needs-screening (eg. followup-requested] AND
> 2. the new status is needs-review AND
> 3. the author is darcswatch
>
> (correcting my earlier self, detectors in Roundup are divided between
> 'reactors' and 'auditors', see
> http://roundup.sourceforge.net/docs/design.html )
>
> So, if you have the time to do so, I think it should be safe now to
> implement the requested feature  that automagically sets the patch
> status to 'needs-review' if it lands in http://darcs.net/screened

it was actually pretty simple to add support for screened. Now I ran a
test and it would send a whole lot of "[status=needs-review]" messages
to roundup if I enabled that now, for all those patches already in
screend (most of which are already in the main repo).

Should I actually send these, or rather disable mail sending for the
first run with the screened repo added and only send mails about later
state changes?

Here is an example mail: