[darcs-users] [patch407] hook env vars: add some haddocks (and 3 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Oct 17 08:36:58 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 16:09:43 +0100, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
> >Now I'm confused, and have questions. Until now sending a patch to
> >the tracker & list did not imply any commit. Is this no longer
> >true, or just an aberration in this particular case ?
>
> OK, we didn't communicate/discuss this case well enough, and I'm
> responsible for pushing them to screened because they looked sane at
> first glance. We should review whether or not we do this in future
> without explicit request from the submitter (I guess we shouldn't).

Do I understand correctly that this is about people wanting to be able
to send patches mainly for comments (and perhaps being surprised if they
get applied?)

Sounds like the usual case is people sending patches hoping/expected
they get applied, and that the for-comments case can be handled with
an explicit DO NOT APPLY