[darcs-users] on-disk formats of patches

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Oct 17 08:57:19 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 14:47:43 +0100, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
> Although in theory ComP could be nested, I've never seen this
> happen.

General plan seems sensible.

I might be more comfortable with a stronger statement than "I've never
seen this happen" :-), something along the lines of "in the source code,
Darcs only ever uses the ComP constructor with non-ComP prims", or
"darcs treats ComP [ComP foo bar] exactly as it might ComP [foo bar]"

In any case, quite reassuring to see that at the very least, we now
knom more about the on disk patch format.