[darcs-users] Sprint: Patch index progress report
beschmi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 18:20:48 UTC 2010
my main goal for the sprint was to port the code I wrote at the beginning of the summer to screened. I managed to port the code for creating, updating, and querying the patchindex. The main difficulty was that witnesses are more ubiquitous in the repository code (good!), but nothing big came up.
My next step will be to make changes <filename> and annotate take advantage of the patch-index. For changes, it should be pretty straightforward to port my old code. For annotate, I'm not sure if starting with Petr's new code in adventure makes more sense. Is there anyone who has an idea how much the annotate changes depend on other patches in adventure?
I have attached the patch. You can test it for example with 'darcs optimize --patch-index; darcs show patch-index-all':
./GNUmakefile -> 1#./Makefile from 20030522144405-96760-36710cf6ad4679a20d0db2cfebf04d196fea1bf5 to -
./Makefile -> 1#./Makefile from 20021020200105-e9342-29561b8cad0e1c33e44e7c135cb7753667a67856 to 20030522144405-96760-36710cf6ad4679a20d0db2cfebf04d196fea1bf5
1#./Makefile -> ./GNUmakefile from 20030522144405-96760-36710cf6ad4679a20d0db2cfebf04d196fea1bf5 to -
1#./Makefile -> ./Makefile from 20021020200105-e9342-29561b8cad0e1c33e44e7c135cb7753667a67856 to 20030522144405-96760-36710cf6ad4679a20d0db2cfebf04d196fea1bf5
1#./Makefile -> 20021020200105-e9342-29561b8cad0e1c33e44e7c135cb7753667a67856
1#./Makefile -> 20021022081814-e9342-649b9afd81380e6f09f7a512ec02c2aeeccf5571
This means that in the given timespans ./GNUmakefile and ./Makefile referred to the file with the unique id 1#./Makefile, that the file with id 1#./Makefile had the given names in the given timespans, and that it was touched by the listed patches.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 113817 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the darcs-users