[darcs-users] [patch429] accept issue1977 (and 1 more)

gh bugs at darcs.net
Mon Oct 18 15:46:34 UTC 2010

New submission from gh <guillaumh at gmail.com>:

This patch fixes the problem of ``darcs repair'' not wanting to repair
repositories from which the directory pristine.hashed was deleted,
see http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1977 .

To do so, I made that the function Darcs.Repository.Pristine.identifyPristine
never fails, that is, if it finds no pristine directory of any kind,
then the repository is assumed to be of the kind NoPristine.

Previously, to have a NoPristine repository, you had to have a file named
_darcs/pristine.none . (By the way it is not possible since version 2.2 to
create such a repository.)

The good thing is that repositories with that _darcs/pristine.none
file keep on being recognized as NoPristine repositories, so from the
retro-compatibility point of view, I think this change is OK.

This patch is also future-proof with regards to old-fashioned repositories
support removal.

2 patches for repository http://darcs.net:

Sun Oct 17 17:32:30 CEST 2010  Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com>
  * accept issue1977

Sun Oct 17 17:32:35 CEST 2010  Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com>
  * resolve issue1977 by considering more repositories as being NoPristine

files: accept-issue1977.dpatch, unnamed
messages: 12766
nosy: gh
status: needs-screening