[darcs-users] Apply failed

Ben Franksen benjamin.franksen at bessy.de
Tue Oct 19 20:36:25 UTC 2010

Benjamin Franksen wrote:
>> Sittampalam, Ganesh wrote:
>
> This is most mysterious. I removed all occurrences of hIsTerminalDevice
> from the darcs code base and still I get the same error.
>
> So I must conclude that the problem is in some external library. I already
> checked hashed-storage but it's not used in there.

I gathered all external dependencies by filtering the output of 'cabal
install -v', then did a recursive grep for hIsTerminalDevice. The only
package that calls this function is haskelline. And there it is wrapped in
a MaybeT, so should not lead to a creash.

Here is a list of packages that I grepped:

HTTP-4000.0.9
HUnit-1.2.2.1
binary-0.5.0.2
bytestring-0.9.1.7
dataenc-0.13.0.3
deepseq-1.1.0.0
directory-1.0.1.1
extensible-exceptions-0.1.1.1
hashed-storage-0.5.3
haskeline-0.6.3
html-1.0.1.2
mmap-0.5.6
mtl-1.1.1.0
network-2.2.1.7
parsec-2.1.0.1
process-1.0.1.3
random-1.0.0.2
regex-base-0.93.2
regex-compat-0.93.1
regex-posix-0.94.4
tar-0.3.1.0
terminfo-0.3.1.3
text-0.8.1.0
time-1.1.4
unix-2.4.0.2
utf8-string-0.3.6
zlib-0.5.2.0

I have no idea what else to do, so I have to give up at this point. I have
created a ticket.

Cheers
Ben