[darcs-users] [patch430] Bake unit tests into the modules they are testing.

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Tue Oct 19 23:06:16 UTC 2010

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

1 patch for repository http://darcs.net/screened:

I'm not going to screen it because I'm not sure if it's actually a good
idea or not.

Pro:
 - no extra hierarchy
 - sort of a sense/hint that all modules should have a test suite
   (minimal bureaucracy)

Eh:
 - but then Darcs.Patch seems to need one anyway

Con:
 - modules importing things they don't need (because only needed by testing?)

Tue Oct 19 17:34:02 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Bake unit tests into the modules they are testing.
  For tests that are particularly complex/extensive/multi-module, we
  just use a .Test subtree.

files: bake-unit-tests-into-the-modules-they-are-testing_.dpatch, unnamed
messages: 12776
nosy: kowey
status: needs-screening
title: Bake unit tests into the modules they are testing.

Darcs bug tracker <bugs at darcs.net>
<http://bugs.darcs.net/patch430>